15 February, 2009

I want Holy Charge!

I just finished tanking Heroic Violet Hold and Utgarde Pinnacle, and I couldn't help but find myself wishing I had a charge or an Intervene. I don't mean to whine, considering paladins just got Hand of Reckoning and we're getting omega awesome tanking buffs in 3.1 with silences and the like, but seriously? I want Holy Charge!

There's one pull in Pinnacle where there are two ranged mobs and two melee mobs at the top of a set of stairs. I have to body pull, which causes havoc with the four mobs trying to reposition them. It's one of those times where I hate having to run in and try to pick everything up as my idiot DPS unload into the mobs that I haven't even touched yet. Warriors have a throw, we have a throw. Warriors have a Shield Wall, we have a Shield Wall. I want Holy Charge!

The animation would be absolutely preposterous, imagine Holy Shield shining all over the pally's legs. It would look like The Flash wearing plate, streaking forward to shield slam his foes...

Paladins have a lot of novel tanking abilities, and we've complained enough about our lack of a single target taunt, and we eventually got it. I'm hoping if we complain enough about the lack of a charge, we'll get one, or something at least close. I don't want all the tanking classes to be completely the same, but I'm hoping we'll reach a point where all the tanking classes are equal in different ways.

1 comment:

  1. I entirely understand your pain. >.< Just dualed my paladin to tank recently and I really need the DPS to cut me some slack with the aggro thing. RD works for 1 idiot who out-threats, but not 2.. or 3.. or 4.. Sigh, sometimes tanking really depresses me.

    ReplyDelete